Hard Rock Backing Tracks In A Minor
Here is a collection of heavy rock for guitar solo practice recorded in the key of A minor.
As they're rock tracks, it generally sounds pretty good to solo over them with notes from the A minor pentatonic scale.
The A minor pentatonic uses the 1st 3rd 4th 5th and 7th degrees A, C, D, E, G, of the natural minor scale, so if you bang away on these notes you should sound cool. Starting a riff on the root note of the chord in play, usually sounds best.
The relative Major key of A minor is C Major, therefore all the notes of the of A minor scale are natural notes, (no sharps or flats).
The A minor pentatonic contains all three tones of an A minor triad.
Instructions For Playing: (just in case anyone is not familiar with media players :-)
- Left click once on an image to load and play that track.
- Once the track starts playing, double left click anywhere on the video screen will get you full screen and playback controls.
- Left clicking once anywhere on the video in play screen will pause it.
- Press your keyboard Esc key to return to this page in normal view.
- Hovering your mouse over an image will give a track number and playing tempo.
Slow Hard Rock Am
Slow Hard Rock Am (2)
Up Tempo Hard Rock Am
Moderately Fast Hard Rock Am (1)
Moderately Fast Hard Rock Am (2)
Slow Rock Ballad Am
Slow Rock Ballad Am (2)
Staccato Rhythm Am
Medium Slow Hard Rock Am
Slow Hard Rock Am (3)
Medium Fast Hard Rock Am (3)
Slow Hard Rock Am(4)
Medium Fast Hard Rock Am (4)
Fast Tempo Hard Rock Am
Medium Fast Hard Rock Am (5)
Medium Fast Hard Rock Am (6)
Fast Tempo Hard Rock Am (2)
Slow Hard Rock Am (5)
Up Tempo Hard Rock Am (2)
Up Tempo Hard Rock Am (3)
Medium Fast Hard Rock Am (7)
FastTempo Hard Rock Am (2)